Bruntsfield Primary School Parent Council Code of Conduct
- All children must leave the school unless their club starts immediately after the school day. This is particularly the case on a Friday.
- Children must be collected within five minutes of the end of a club unless they have parental permission to leave on their own as in their club registration.
- If a child is attending more than one club with any time gap, they must leave the building and wait on the start time of their next club. We have no permission to use the school for lunch and no access to additional rooms. Parents must be available to collect unless they have parental permission on their club registration. Again, this is particularly the case on Fridays.
- Verbal abuse of our doorkeepers and club teams will not be tolerated.
- We will monitor this on a regular basis and reserve the right to exclude children from clubs where parents do not respect these points. Refunds will not be given in these circumstances.
Bruntsfield Primary School Parent Council Discipline Policy
Parents agree to abide by this policy when they enrol their child in an after-school club.
If a child’s behaviour is consistently disrupting the smooth running of the Club, the following actions will be taken:
- The Club tutor will speak to your child. If the behaviour persists the Club tutor will speak to the Club Organiser.
- The Club Organiser will email or phone you outlining the problem and ask for your support.
- If the difficult behaviour continues your child will not be invited back to the Club in the next term.
- In extreme cases, where behaviour poses a risk to your child or others, children may be immediately excluded from that club or activity.
- If there are any incidents of bullying the school Anti-bullying Co-Ordinator will also be informed.
Please note that there will be no refunds if children are excluded from a club, because of misbehaviour, for one or more sessions.
Please remind your children to follow the Bruntsfield School “Golden Rules” in the clubs:
- Do be gentle
- Do be kind and helpful
- Do listen
- Do work hard
- Do be honest
- Do look after property
- Do play co-operatively