Events & Fundraising Team
- Kristin is stepping down from her role as Events Co-ordinator. This was a shared role, and Lina is staying on as our remaining Events Co-ordinator.
- We are seeking a replacement for Kristin. Ideally we are looking for someone with fundraising experience to take forward fundraising not necessarily linked directly to events.
- As this is a co-opted role, a change can be made at any PC meeting, and we hope to confirm a replacement at our next meeting on 29 March.
Dates for Your Diary
- Ceilidh: Saturday 29 April at school. Final details to be confirmed after the half term break, when tickets will also go on sale. Many thanks to Catriona Penny for organising.
- Summer Fair: Saturday 10 June, 1pm-4pm. Parents, teachers and children to be involved in the planning of what this event will look like.
- Teddy Bear’s Picnic (P1 Welcome Event): Friday 25 August, time tbc. New parents to be notified at induction day in June. Will need P2 volunteers to help, but set format makes it easy to run.
- Winter Fair: Saturday 25 November, afternoon (time tbc). Moving this from a Friday evening to a Saturday afternoon to make it more accessible to younger year groups, and day time means we can also use the playground to spread things out more as it gets very crowded inside. Again, will involve parents, teachers and children in the planning.
Other Event Ideas
- We would like to bring back the Art Auction (did not run last year) as it has always been a good fundraiser. Have pencilled this in for May, but really depends on volunteers stepping up to take this forward. Could also take place later in the year.
- Possibility of a family event in Maths Week Scotland (end of Sept) through their Small Grants Fund, if successful in applying.
- A ‘Festival of Light’ in October, to celebrate the different cultures we have at school. Sounds grand but could be low key.Can discuss further nearer the time if there is interest.
- A ‘kids only’ school disco, as requested by the children. Could be staggered across year groups. Will discuss this separately with Mr Gilhooley.
Moving forward, we want to involve the children more in our planning, listen to what they want, and let them help shape our events. We are also committed to make our events more sustainable.