Submissions to the Greetings Cards Art Competition are now closed.
We have been looking at various fundraising ideas that work within the current restrictions we are faced with, to raise money for our Parent Council funds which support various school activities, and we are happy to announce our 2020 Bruntsfield Greetings Cards Competition. We have chosen greetings cards rather than specially Christmas cards, as we have many cultures represented at our school and not everyone celebrates Christmas.
Children from across all year groups at school are invited to draw and enter a design in response to the theme of COMMUNITY, with the winning design being printed on greetings cards which will then be for sale. The team at The Edinburgh Bookshop have kindly agreed to act as our independent judging panel. We will also exhibit a gallery of all entries here on our website.
How to enter
- The theme of the competition is COMMUNITY.
- At home, draw your picture on an A4 sheet of white paper.
- Your drawing MUST be in portrait format (i.e with the short paper sides at the top & bottom).
- You MUST use FELT TIP PENS. Please do not use any glitter or metallic pens.
- Take a photograph of your drawing and email it to [email protected] by Monday 28 September.
- In your email, please include the name and class of the child entering the drawing. Children can also submit a joint entry, e.g. if siblings want to enter together, in which case please include details for all children involved.
- The winning design will need to hand in their original drawing, so please keep them safe.
- Monday 14 September: Competition opens.
- Monday 28 September: Deadline to submit your entries.
- Thursday 1 October: Winner announced & orders open.
- Tuesday 13 October: Deadline for ordering.
- Mid to late November: Cards delivered to the Parent Council and available for pickup – details of this will be shared nearer the time.
Thank you in anticipation of your support with this Fundraiser